Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Longer than I meant to be away

I'm not dead, yet. I feel fine. I think I'll go for a walk. No, seriously, I've been more active posting and commenting directly to Google+ lately but I haven't forgotten my blog.
In recent news, I supervised my Boy Scout troop, "Hardcore" 444, at summer camp. We went to Camp Fiesta Island, right on Mission Bay in the heart of San Diego, CA, over the Independence Day holiday week. The city's fireworks display on the 4th left something to be desired, like the other 14 minutes and 45 seconds of the show.



I was still very impressed by how many fireworks they launched in nine seconds. Sea World was right next door and had the sky to themselves the rest of the night. But they launch fireworks every night of the week so they're old hands at that kind of thing. While at camp, I completed training in BSA Aquatics Supervision, finishing Safe Swim Defense and Safety Afloat along with both Swimming and Water Rescue and Paddle Craft Safety. That's a big boon to the aquatics program at Troop 444 and the rest of the council.
In personal news, I'm off the market, ladies. I'm dating my dream girl. She's a beautiful, smart, nerdy goddess and we even like all the same tabletop RPG games. We were introduced by a mutual friend who set us up on a blind date. So that's who to blame if it doesn't work out. Kim and I hit it off and we've been dating now for... wow, has it only been two months? Anyway, she's an instructor at the school near where I work.
And in business news, work is about the same. I'm still supporting the command here with IT Systems Management, essentially sustaining the same systems I was building four years ago. The division chief has decided to engage more with SharePoint and I was brought back on board with that since I was involved in it's early deployment.